Home-Based Businesses

Running a business out of a residence requires a zoning permit. You must either be the owner of the property or include written approval from the owner.

Please review the Home Occupation form (PDF). If you meet the criteria, fill out the form and bring it or mail it to the Zoning office for a permit.

The permit is required to obtain a business license from the Commissioner of Revenue. Businesses in commercial or industrial zones have a different set of requirements.