- Boards & Committees
- Project Evaluation Committee - PEC
Project Evaluation Committee - PEC
The Campbell County PEC consists of the following:
- Community Development Director
- Public Works Director
- Zoning Administrator
- Environmental Manager
- Building Official
- Fire Marshal
- Campbell County Utilities & Service Authority (CCUSA)
The Zoning Administrator is the contact person for the PEC and will coordinate the meeting and disseminate information submitted.
Meeting Objectives & Purpose
Site plans for certain developments, which because of size, phasing, or other complexities necessitate more intensive review, shall be reviewed by the PEC.
The meeting is intended to evaluate a project as a whole and to identify issues that may be important; it is not for detailed review. You are encouraged to apply early in the process, as the results of the meeting can have significant impacts on Site, Grading, and Construction plans.
Projects That Require A Meeting
A PEC meeting with the project representative is required for the following types of projects:
- Commercial or industrial construction greater than 5,000 square feet
- Multi-family development of greater than 30 units
- New Planned Unit Development (PUD)
- New shopping center
- New industrial park
- Subdivision greater than 30 lots and/or any that require new road construction*
- New manufactured home park*
- New telecommunications tower and antennae*
* The Zoning Administrator may waive the requirement of a PEC meeting on these projects, and additions to existing projects, when there are no significant issues to discuss.
Applications for PEC review may be made at any time to the Zoning Administrator. Once all items are received the Zoning Administrator will schedule a PEC meeting to occur, usually, 10 to 14 days after the date of submission.
You may apply for a permit online through our Online Service Portal.
For projects that require a public hearing with the Planning Commission, the PEC meeting shall occur no less than three (3) weeks before the information packets are to be mailed to Planning Commissioners. Packets are mailed at least 10 days prior to the monthly meeting date.
- Site Plan (PDF file)
- $200 review fee, check made payable to Treasurer, Campbell County
- PEC Application