Call our office at 434-592-9597 or 434-592-9596, or see our online GIS map of the county.

Zoning Permits
A Zoning permit is needed in most instances where something is being added on a property. This includes the primary structure, additions to the primary structure, and accessory structures such as garages, sheds, carports, and swimming pools.

For commercial properties, it also includes parking and landscaping. Zoning permits are usually required in conjunction with building permits, but are also needed in some cases where no building is taking place (such as for signs, for an Occupancy permit, or a Home Occupation permit).