Office of the General Registrar
The Office of the General Registrar is located in the Historic Clerk's Office, 41 Courthouse Lane in Rustburg, Virginia, 24588. Office hours are from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and certain Saturdays prior to each election.
The General Registrar's office is a permanent location for voter registration, in-person absentee voting, obtaining information on candidates and referenda and other voting related information. The Registrar is responsible for all candidate filings and the maintenance of these records; providing all precincts with accurate facilities to vote and training of election officials to work the polls; recording and reporting the results of elections.
Voter registration is available to any Virginia resident who will be eighteen years of age or older by the next General election. Registration can be accomplished at the office of the General Registrar, in person, or by any of the following methods: calling for an application which can be sent and returned by mail; at DMV when obtaining or renewing a driver's license; or at any state or federal agency.
If moving within the County or to another county or city within the Commonwealth, the same procedure may be followed. The final day of registration is 21 days prior to any election.
Properly registered voters may vote by absentee ballot if they will be out of the County on Election Day or if they are unable to go to the polls due to physical illness or disability. An absentee precinct, or location where absentee ballots are counted, is located within the office of the General Registrar (Historic Clerk's Office).
For more election information, please visit the Virginia's State Board of Elections website.
The Constitution of Virginia requires that you be registered in the precinct in which you live in order to be qualified to vote. You may register at any DMV or miscellaneous agencies in the Commonwealth, or at our office, which is open Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. You may also vote absentee in-person at our office ONLY. All requests for reasonable accommodations due to a disability should be made to the Office of the Registrar. You are encouraged to make application for voter registration.
Individuals may use the hyperlinks listed below or may call the Office of the General Registrar to request a registration application, an application for absentee voting, or to verify that you are registered.
Remember, a good citizen registers and VOTES.
Voter Registration Application
Absentee Voting Application
Federal Post Card Application (FPCA)
Election Districts, Precincts and Polling Places
- Evington Precinct - Evington Ruritan Club (directions)
- Otter River Precinct - Penuel Baptist Church (directions)
- Altavista Precinct - Altavista Elementary School (directions)
- Brookneal Precinct - Brookneal Rescue Squad (directions)
- Gladys Precinct - Gladys Volunteer Fire Department (directions)
- Morris Church Precinct - Union Hill Baptist Church (directions)
- Kings Precinct - Eastbrook Baptist Church (directions)
- Concord Precinct - Calvary Baptist Church (directions)
- Three Forks Precinct - New Chapel Baptist Church (directions)
- Court House Precinct - Rustburg Elementary School (directions)
Spring Hill District
- Spring Hill Precinct - Hyland Heights Baptist Church (directions)
- Yellow Branch Precinct - Agape Center (directions)
- Walker Precinct - Tree of Life Ministries (directions)
- Bedford Springs Precinct - Moose Lodge #1727 (directions)
- Brookville Precinct - Grace Church (directions)
- New London Precinct - Timberlake United Methodist Church (directions)