Real Estate & Mapping Office
The office of Real Estate and Mapping is responsible for producing the Land Book each year and for keeping track of all land ownership and tax assessments for the County. The office assesses all new construction and new subdivisions each year, and maintains records of land ownership transfers and tax maps.
Real Estate and Mapping is helpful in a variety of research endeavors involving land transfers and divisions. It also helps in trying to locate specific addresses and determining ownership of property. Items and services provided by this office include:
- Alphabetical listing of ownership of property
- Numerical listing of ownership (by map number)
- Tax maps (maps showing a basic outline of each piece of property in the County)
- Aerial photographs of the entire County
- Tax cards on each piece of property (showing how the assessments were calculated on the land an buildings)
The Real Estate and Mapping office also provides online real estate information here.
State law requires that all property be assessed at 100% of fair market value and mandates equity throughout the County. Since the population of Campbell County now exceeds 50,000, the reassessment cycle will take place every 4 years . The most recent reassessment was completed in 2011.