The Campbell County Board of Supervisors has earmarked $1M in federally-issued CARES Act funds to offer as reimbursement grants for local businesses that incurred expenses related to COVID-19.
Campbell County businesses who meet eligibility criteria may apply for reimbursement funds via an online grant application. Requests for grant awards will be considered on a case-by-case basis contingent on documentation of adverse impact and need.
The grant application and submittal information are posted on the County’s website at www.campbellcountyva.gov. CARES ACT Funding Guidelines are posted on the website, as well.
Campbell County’s internal COVID-19 Finance Team will review applications and make award recommendations, continuing as long as allocated resources remain available.
‘This is an opportunity for us to support our local businesses who have encountered unexpected costs during this pandemic,” said Tyler Carraway, Director of Finance and Strategic Initiatives. “We’re pleased to provide a mechanism for our business community to recoup some of these expenses – we’re all in this together and we want to see our local business owners thrive.”
Applicants are reminded that grant criteria limits the scope of funding use:
- Funds must be used for actual COVID-19 expenses related directly to the public health crisis (i.e. cleaning supplies, masks for employees, plexi-glass installation, hand-sanitizer, etc.) Grant funding does not cover loss of revenue or reimbursement for tax payments.
- Reimbursable expenses must have been incurred between March 1, 2020 and December 31, 2021.
- Copies of dated receipts and a completed W-9 form must be submitted with the application to be considered.
- All invoices must be clearly marked as to what expenses should be considered by committee for reimbursement; expenses not identified on invoices will not be considered.
To be eligible, the business must:
- be independently owned; corporately owned national chains are not eligible for the grant unless they are an individually owned franchise.
- hold an active business license in Campbell County;
- be in good standing on state/local taxes;
- be physically located in Campbell County;
- have been in operation since 2019.
Business owners with questions may contact the office of Finance and Strategic Initiatives at (434) 332-9667 or email email@example.com.
Visit: http://www.campbellcountyva.gov/611/COVID-19-CARES-ACT-Business-Reimbursemen (Grant Landing Page) for any updates or additional information.