Storm Impact in Campbell County
Campbell County Public Safety Officials report the following storm impacts at this time:
- Timberlake Road between Laxton Road (Lowe’s) and Waterlick Road is closed until further notice.
- There is substantial wind damage in the western area of Campbell County near Greenview Drive/Timberlake Road/Waterlick Road (trees down on homes/buildings; roof damage; significant damage to some businesses on Timberlake Road; some vehicles damaged.)
- No fires are reported.
- Any families displaced have re-located with friends/family.
- No public shelters have been opened at this time.
- Many trees are reported down throughout the locality. VDOT is responding to those reports.
“While we’re thankful that no one was seriously injured locally in this weather event, our thoughts and prayers remain with those whose homes and businesses were affected, in Campbell County and in the surrounding areas. We’d like to thank all the agencies, volunteers, neighbors and friends who have offered their service and support in response,” said Tracy Fairchild, Director of Public Safety. “We ask for your patience as we continue to evaluate the situation and move forward with recovery efforts.”
For safety purposes, residents are asked to avoid storm damaged areas as officials investigate and secure the sites.
Please use caution when removing any yard debris generated by the storm. Visit http://www.campbellcountyva.gov/230/Debris-Disposal for tips on how and where to dispose of these materials safely.
Citizens are reminded to keep apprised of severe weather conditions and NWS advisories. Sign up for CodeRED severe weather alerts at http://www.campbellcountygov/566/CodeRED-Emergency-Alert-System. Visit http://www.campbellcountyva.gov/228/Emergency-Preparedness for additional emergency preparedness/recovery materials and resources.