COVID 19 CARES ACT Business Reimbursement Grant
Campbell County Is Now Accepting Grant Applications from Businesses Affected by COVID-19
The Campbell County Board of Supervisors has earmarked $1M in federally-issued CARES Act funds to offer as reimbursement grants for local businesses that incurred expenses related to COVID-19.
Campbell County businesses who meet eligibility criteria may apply for up to $5,000 in reimbursement funds via an online grant application. Requests for grant awards over $5,000 will be considered on a case-by-case basis contingent on documentation of adverse impact and need.
Campbell County’s internal COVID-19 Finance Team will review applications and make award recommendations starting July 1 and continuing as long as allocated resources remain available.
"This is an opportunity for us to support our local businesses who have encountered unexpected costs during this pandemic,” said Tyler Carraway, Director of Finance and Strategic Initiatives. “We’re pleased to provide a mechanism for our business community to recoup some of these expenses – we’re all in this together and we want to see our local business owners thrive.”
Applicants are reminded that grant criteria limits the scope of funding use:
- Funds must be used for actual COVID-19 expenses related directly to the public health crisis (i.e. cleaning supplies, masks for employees, plexi-glass installation, hand-sanitizer, etc.) Grant funding does not cover loss of revenue or reimbursement for tax payments.
- Reimbursable expenses must have been incurred between March 1 and December 30, 2020.
- Copies of dated receipts and a completed W-9 form must be submitted with the application to be considered.
To be eligible, the business must:
- be independently owned; corporately owned national chains are not eligible for the grant unless they are an individually owned franchise.
- hold an active business license in Campbell County;
- be in good standing on state/local taxes;
- be physically located in Campbell County;
- have been in operation since 2019.
Business owners with questions may contact Tyler Carraway, Director of Finance and Strategic Initiatives at (434) 332-9667 or email tscarraway@.gov.